Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
This simple, attractive salad uses salmon in place of the traditional tuna for an extra nutritional punch. It makes a perfect light lunch or easy side dish. If you have pesto on hand, drizzle a couple of tablespoons on top for a bright and tasty finish.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans
- 1 (3 3/4 ounce) can pink salmon or 1 (3 3/4 ounce) can red salmon
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup minced red onion
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil leaf, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons vinegar or 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain and rinse the cannellini beans and place in a medium-size mixing bowl. Flake the canned salmon on top of the beans and add the Parmesan, minced garlic, and basil leaves. Whisk together the dressing ingredients, pour over the bean mixture, and toss gently to combine. Serve at room temperature or slightly chilled.
- Makes 4 to 6 servings.