Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A great party starter is this appetizer very flexible you can use navy beans or Great Northerns. Optional ingredients may include sun dried tomatoes, toasted nuts, black or green olive. This would be great for a sandwich spread!
- 2 (16 ounce) cans cannellini, rinsed and drained
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped (1 teaspoon)
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1⁄2 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 -3 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 cup olive, sliced (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup toased nuts (optional)
- rosemary sprig (to garnish)
- Combine all the ingredients except garnish and optional ingredients in the food processor bowl fitted with the steel blade. Process until smooth, about 30 seconds, then divide into two or three or leave as is.Then adding tomatoes to one, olives to the other and one as is, season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until 20 minutes-overnight.
- To serve, place the bean spread in a bowl and garnish it with rosemary sprigs. Set the bowl on a platter and surround it with fresh crisp bread bread chunks and veggies.
It's a winner! So so easy to throw together and the taste is amazing! I halved the oil and still rate it five stars, so I'm sure the full-fledged version is even awesom-er! One mistake I made was the puree the sun dried tomatoes with everything. Taste is great, but the color is pate brown. Not a bad thing, but not a white and creamy looking dip anymore.... I'm going to make veggies sandwiches for the lunchbox tomorrow and I plan to spread this on thickly. Great recipe!!
Awesome! I have made this a couple of times already (but I have not tried any of the optional additions yet). It was a hit both times. The combination of the creamy white beans and earthy rosemary was absolutely lovely. This is definitely a new favorite.
Excellent. I made a lot of changes, as listed below... kidney beans instead of cannelini beans 2 teaspoons olive oil no lemon zest 2 teaspoons dried rosemary 1 teaspoon dried parsley still tasted great I made those changes base on what I had and to make it healthier