A great party starter is this appetizer very flexible you can use navy beans or Great Northerns. Optional ingredients may include sun dried tomatoes, toasted nuts, black or green olive. This would be great for a sandwich spread!
- 2 (16 ounce) cans cannellini, rinsed and drained
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped (1 teaspoon)
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1⁄2 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 -3 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 cup olive, sliced (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup toased nuts (optional)
- rosemary sprig (to garnish)
- Combine all the ingredients except garnish and optional ingredients in the food processor bowl fitted with the steel blade. Process until smooth, about 30 seconds, then divide into two or three or leave as is.Then adding tomatoes to one, olives to the other and one as is, season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until 20 minutes-overnight.
- To serve, place the bean spread in a bowl and garnish it with rosemary sprigs. Set the bowl on a platter and surround it with fresh crisp bread bread chunks and veggies.