1/1 Photo of White Bean and Roasted Vegetable Spread
from The Vegan Chef
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 red pepper, destemmed,deseeded,and quartered lengthwise
- 1 medium onion, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans or 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and place the pepper and onion in rows on the foil.
- 2Broil the vegetables for 5-7 minutes or until slightly charred, and remove the cookie sheet from the oven.
- 3Flip over the vegetables, add the cloves of garlic to the cookie sheet.
- 4Return the cookie sheet to the oven and broil an additional 5-7 minutes to slightly char the other side.
- 5Allow the vegetables to cool slightly and then gently remove the skin from the peppers.
- 6In a food processor or blender, place the roasted vegetables, white beans, lemon juice, salt, and pepper, and process until smooth.
- 7Add the parsley and process for an additional 30 seconds to thoroughly incorporate it.
- 8Transfer the mixture to a glass bowl.
- 9Use as a spread on crackers, bread, or sandwiches, or serve with raw vegetables.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Bean and Roasted Vegetable Spread
Serving Size: 1 (708 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 347.3
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 601.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.7 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 22.3 g