Very quick and easy dip that is great for any party or tailgate. I like to dip pita chips or veggies in this awesome dip! Enjoy...Go Dolphins!
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini, beans-drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped roasted red pepper (if canned make sure to pat them dry)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil (can replace with 3/4 tsp cumin for a different variation)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika (i used smoked for a little added zing)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (can use less if not a big fan of spicy)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Place the drained beans, red peppers, salt, basil (or cumin), paprika, garlic cloves, olive oil, and vinegar in a food processor. Pulse until smooth.
- Serve as is or refrigerate until later. Will keep perfectly at on outdoor party/tailgate!
Yum! It's amazing how delicious a simple can of beans, some spices, olive oil, and vinegar can be. Thank you for posting. Made for Spring 2011 Pic A Chef. Thank you for posting!
It's good, but it seems like it's missing something. I drained the beans and peppers well - even dried them on papertowels, and the dip was still too wet. I ended up throwing 3 saltine crackers into the food processor along with the dip to help thicken it. It's make it again, but would add something (I'm not sure what) to punch up the flavor.
Tasty dip!! I used fresh peppers that I roasted and peeled and I used the smoked paprika. The flavors are great in this dip, I added a little bit more red pepper flakes and smoked paprika because I wanted them to come through a lot in the dip and it was great! I think the dip is better chilled so I will be sure and make time for chilling when making this. Thanks for the recipe!!