Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Health Magazine.
- 1 whole wheat baguette, cut into 20 1-inch-thick slices
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 large shallot, minced (2 tablespoons)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped bottled roasted red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place baguette slices on baking sheet, and brush with 1 tablespoon of oil. Bake 10 minutes or until toasted.
- While the bread is toasting, warm remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add shallot and garlic; cook, stirring, 2 minutes. Add beans, and cook 2 minutes to warm through.
- Add salt and pepper. Mash about half the beans with a large fork.
- Add chopped roasted red bell pepper to bean mixture. Allow to warm through, and remove from heat.
- Top crostini evenly with bean mixture; garnish with chopped parsley, if desired. Serve immediately.