Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this recipe on a bottle of Extra Virgin Olive oil and it was so simple and tasty! The recipe calls for 16 oz. cans and I could only find 19 oz. cans it didn't hurt a thing. I think Garbanzo's would work well also.
- 2 (16 ounce) cans white kidney beans (cannellini)
- 1 small red onion, peeled and sliced thin
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Drain the beans in a colander and rinse well with cold running water.
- Combine with onion in a large bowl.
- Stir the remaining ingredients in a small bowl until blended.
- Add to the beans and onions and toss until coated.
- Let stand or chill briefly and toss again before serving.
- These are even better the second day!
Made this for PAC Fall 09. The recipe was incredibly easy to make! I followed the recipe exactly. I felt something was missing. Perhaps adding additional seasonings to the dressing, such as garlic or basil. However, my DH and BIL loved it! I will make again, but will probably add. Thanks for posting Linda's Kitchen.
I can't believe this was so easy! Future DH and I ate this so fast that I made another batch but replaced the red wine vinegar with balsamic vinegar and the parsley with fresh rosemary. It was just as wonderful. Thanks for a great side dish.