Ginny Sue's Note:
This is a simple hearty soup that is just perfect in cooler weather. This comes together quickly, but tastes like it has been simmering for hours.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in a large saucepan.
- 2Add onion and garlic and cook until tender, 2-3 minutes.
- 3Add the beans and broth and bring them to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 5With a fork, mash about one-fourth of the beans, stirring well to slightly thicken the soup.
- 6Add the tomato, ham, and thyme, and cook until the soup is heated through, about 5 minutes.
- 7Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Bean and Ham Soup
Serving Size: 1 (664 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 484.3
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 47.5 mg
- Sodium 1059.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.2 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 36.5 g