Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Australian BH&G Diabetic Living issue 12 2007.
- 2 (400 g) cans butter beans (drained)
- 1 garlic clove (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (fresh)
- 3 tablespoons water
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pinch cumin seed
- 1 pinch paprika
- In a blender or food processor blend the beans, garlic, tahini, lemon juice and water until smooth.
- Season with pepper.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and prinkle over a few cumin seeds and a pinch of ground paprika.
- Serve with toasted wholemeal pita bread fingers and olives or fresh vegetables.
AMAZING!!!! What a scrumptious way of serving white beans! Mmmm! I made half the recipe using only 1 tbs of water as the liquid in order to get a thicker consistency. It was sooo yummy, I was tempted to lick the serving bowl. lol The tahini and garlic add a wonderful depth of flavour to this, which is balanced nicely by the citrusy cumin seeds. I will most certainly make this again! THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing another keeper with us, Pat! Made and reviewed for Make My Recipe #11 June 2010.
Very tasty recipe! I served this with chopped vegetables, and it was quickly devoured. I didn't have cumin seeds, so I added some ground cumin to the dip. I topped it with Cajun spice mix for a bit of heat. Yum! Thanks Pat!
A tasty and healthy dip recipe. I toasted my cumin seeds before sprinkling on top and also added some ground cumin and salt whilst processing. Great with toasted pita or veg it also makes a great addition to a salad roll or wrap...MMM!