Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A simple delicious salad. Can also be used as a spread on crostini.
- 1 small fennel bulb, tough green tops and bottom trimmed
- 473.18 ml canned cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 118.29 ml thinly slivered red onion
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 14.79 ml finely chopped fresh oregano leaves (or 1/2 teaspoon dried)
- 44.37 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 29.58 ml red wine vinegar or 29.58 ml fresh lemon juice
- fresh ground black pepper
- Cut the fennel bulb into lengthwise quarters.
- Cut each quarter crosswise into 1/8-inch thick slices.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the fennel, beans, onion, parsley, and oregano.
- In another bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper to taste together; pour over bean mixture; toss to coat.
- Adjust seasonings to taste and serve.