Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A simple delicious salad. Can also be used as a spread on crostini.
Make and share this White Bean and Fennel Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 small fennel bulb, tough green tops and bottom trimmed
- 2 cups canned cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup thinly slivered red onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano leaves (or 1/2 teaspoon dried)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar or 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- fresh ground black pepper
- Cut the fennel bulb into lengthwise quarters.
- Cut each quarter crosswise into 1/8-inch thick slices.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the fennel, beans, onion, parsley, and oregano.
- In another bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper to taste together; pour over bean mixture; toss to coat.
- Adjust seasonings to taste and serve.