Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A nice way to use up leftover corn on the cob. This salad is light and refreshing. Can easily be a main course with a loaf of bread and a glass of white wine for a nice easy summer dinner.
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can small white beans
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 -2 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 medium yellow squash, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 steamed ear of corn, kernels removed from cob
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (divided)
- salt and pepper
- Drain and rinse the beans. Place in large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil in medium saute pan. When heated, add the onions and garlic. Saute, stirring frequently until the onions are golden brown and are beginning to become translucent. Then add the celery and yellow squash. Continue sauteing, stirring frequently for an addition 5 - 8 minutes, until the squash is softened and browned. Set aside to cool.
- To the beans add the red pepper, corn and basil. When the cooked vegetables are cooled add them as well. Mix well. Add the remaining olive oil and rice vinegar. Mix well to coat all the vegetables.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Made for Pick a Chef 2012.
Solid and simple vegetarian dish. Thanks for posting.