Recipe by JanuaryBride
Classified as a "perfect new picnic salad". My stepmom made this about 10 years ago and I loved it; great mix of flavors! She copied the recipe for me and it looks to be out of a magazine but it unfortunately it does not have the name on it.
Top Review by Sweetschef
The whole is greater than the sum of its parts. I make this salad every week or two in my quest for healthful protein, but I would make it anyway because it's just delicious. I make variations of it depending on what's on hand, but the basic bean/cucumber/dressing combination is what makes this so good. I highly recommend it!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped radish
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup of fresh mint, chopped