Recipe by ihvhope
This is from Bon Appetit 10/08. I'm posting it here so I'll have it later. The recipe came from jw's Food and Spirits in Grand Haven, Michigan
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapeno peppers, from jars
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans, drained
- 1 lb cooked chicken breast, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
Directions See How It's Made
- heat oil in large saucepan over medium high heat. Add celery, onion, bell pepper, and jalaneno and saute until beginning to soften, about four minutes.
- Add garlic, chili powder, and cumin and saute one minute.
- Add broth and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until vegetables are crisp-tender, about three minutes.
- Add beans, chicken and half and half. Bring to boil, reduce heat to medium, and simmer until heated through, about five minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and enjoy.