1/2 Photos of White Bean and Chicken Chili
This is from Bon Appetit 10/08. I'm posting it here so I'll have it later. The recipe came from jw's Food and Spirits in Grand Haven, Michigan
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapeno peppers, from jars
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans, drained
- 1 lb cooked chicken breast, chopped
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1heat oil in large saucepan over medium high heat. Add celery, onion, bell pepper, and jalaneno and saute until beginning to soften, about four minutes.
- 2Add garlic, chili powder, and cumin and saute one minute.
- 3Add broth and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until vegetables are crisp-tender, about three minutes.
- 4Add beans, chicken and half and half. Bring to boil, reduce heat to medium, and simmer until heated through, about five minutes.
- 5Season with salt and pepper and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Bean and Chicken Chili
Serving Size: 1 (367 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 390.9
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 70.9 mg
- Sodium 175.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.8 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 35.1 g