1/1 Photo of White Bean and Chicken Chili
2 hrs 10 mins
A great change from regular tomato based chili. This doubles great!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g dried navy beans
- 1419.54 ml chicken broth
- 59.16 ml butter
- 14.79 ml minced fresh garlic
- 1 onion, diced
- 354.88 ml diced green chilies (canned, undrained)
- 453.59 g chicken breast (diced and sauteed with 1 clove garlic, salt and pepper till browned)
- 14.79 ml gound cumin
- 14.79 ml oregano
- 4.92-9.85 ml ground black pepper
- 0.25 ml red pepper flakes
- 1 bunch cilantro leaf, chopped
- 1Rinse beans and place in a bowl 3 times as big as the beans fill it.
- 2Cover the beans with cool water 2-3 inches past the top of the beans.
- 3Soak over nite.
- 4Next day drain and place in large pot with chicken broth ,cover with a lid and bring to a boil.
- 5Cook for about 45 minutes to an hour.
- 6While beans are cooking place butter in a saute pan and melt.
- 7Add garlic, onions, and chilis and saute till onions are soft.
- 8Add chili mixture to beans and then add chicken, cumin, oregano, and peppers.
- 9Cook for 1/2 hour and add cilantro.
- 10garnish as desired and serve with corn chips or corn bread.
- 11Time does not include soak time.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Bean and Chicken Chili
Serving Size: 1 (362 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 517.9
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 68.7 mg
- Sodium 874.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.4 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 38.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: