Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A great change from regular tomato based chili. This doubles great!
Make and share this White Bean and Chicken Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 453.59 g dried navy beans
- 1419.54 ml chicken broth
- 59.16 ml butter
- 14.79 ml minced fresh garlic
- 1 onion, diced
- 354.88 ml diced green chilies (canned, undrained)
- 453.59 g chicken breast (diced and sauteed with 1 clove garlic, salt and pepper till browned)
- 14.79 ml gound cumin
- 14.79 ml oregano
- 4.92-9.85 ml ground black pepper
- 0.25 ml red pepper flakes
- 1 bunch cilantro leaf, chopped
- sour cream
- green onion
- grated monterey jack cheese
- Rinse beans and place in a bowl 3 times as big as the beans fill it.
- Cover the beans with cool water 2-3 inches past the top of the beans.
- Soak over nite.
- Next day drain and place in large pot with chicken broth ,cover with a lid and bring to a boil.
- Cook for about 45 minutes to an hour.
- While beans are cooking place butter in a saute pan and melt.
- Add garlic, onions, and chilis and saute till onions are soft.
- Add chili mixture to beans and then add chicken, cumin, oregano, and peppers.
- Cook for 1/2 hour and add cilantro.
- garnish as desired and serve with corn chips or corn bread.
- Time does not include soak time.
The flavor was great. I loved that it wasn't tomato based. It was a little heavy on the beans for me, but that could have been my fault. Next time I'll use less beans and more veggies. But it wonderful. I posted a pic of it.