- 453.59 g small white beans, rinsed and drained
- 4.92 ml salt
- 29.58 ml white wine vinegar
- 14.79 ml Dijon mustard
- 1.0 ml Tabasco sauce
- 78.07 ml salad oil
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh basil leaves
- 7.39 ml chopped fresh mint leaves
- 44.37 ml chopped parsley
- 44.37 ml green onions (including tops)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 473.18 ml cherry tomatoes, halved
- mint sprig
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 4-5 quart pan, bring 2 quarts water to a boil over high heat.
- Add beans and cook, uncovered, for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, cover and let stand for 1 hour.
- Drain beans, discarding water.
- In the same pan, combine 6 cups of water and the salt; bring to a boil over high heat, add beans and cook, partially covered, until tender, about 1 hour.
- Drain and set aside.
- In a medium-size bowl, combine vinegar, mustard, and Tabasco; beating with a whisk, slowly add oil; set dressing aside.
- In a large bowl, combine beans, basil, chopped mint, parsley, green onions, and garlic.
- Mix in dressing and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or for up to a day.
- To serve, lightly mix tomatoes into salad; garnish with the mint sprigs.