1/1 Photo of White Bean and Cherry Tomato Salad
2 hrs 15 mins
Hey Jude's Note:
This terrific salad is a good side dish for a BBQ, potluck or picnic. This makes a sizable amount but it's easy to cut in half.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g small white beans, rinsed and drained
- 4.92 ml salt
- 29.58 ml white wine vinegar
- 14.79 ml Dijon mustard
- 1.0 ml Tabasco sauce
- 78.07 ml salad oil
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh basil leaves
- 7.39 ml chopped fresh mint leaves
- 44.37 ml chopped parsley
- 44.37 ml green onions (including tops)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 473.18 ml cherry tomatoes, halved
- mint sprig
- 1In a 4-5 quart pan, bring 2 quarts water to a boil over high heat.
- 2Add beans and cook, uncovered, for 2 minutes.
- 3Remove from heat, cover and let stand for 1 hour.
- 4Drain beans, discarding water.
- 5In the same pan, combine 6 cups of water and the salt; bring to a boil over high heat, add beans and cook, partially covered, until tender, about 1 hour.
- 6Drain and set aside.
- 7In a medium-size bowl, combine vinegar, mustard, and Tabasco; beating with a whisk, slowly add oil; set dressing aside.
- 8In a large bowl, combine beans, basil, chopped mint, parsley, green onions, and garlic.
- 9Mix in dressing and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 10Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or for up to a day.
- 11To serve, lightly mix tomatoes into salad; garnish with the mint sprigs.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Bean and Cherry Tomato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 155.8
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 318.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 4.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar