Prep1 hr 5 mins
This simple recipe will give you 2 beautiful, delicious loaves of bread. Try it warm with butter and jam, WOW!! Prep time is the rising.
- Dissolve yeast in water, in a large bowl.
- Add half the flour, and the sugar, salt,and shortning.
- Blend at low speed, then beat 2 minutes at med speed.
- Mix in remaining flour by hand.
- Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Stir the batter hard for 30 seconds.
- Spread into 2 8in greased loaf pans (batter will be sticky).
- Let rise until doubled, about 20 minutes.
- Bake at 325* for about 45 minutes, until golden brown and done.