1/3 Photos of White Batter Bread
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 5 mins
This simple recipe will give you 2 beautiful, delicious loaves of bread. Try it warm with butter and jam, WOW!! Prep time is the rising.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve yeast in water, in a large bowl.
- 2Add half the flour, and the sugar, salt,and shortning.
- 3Blend at low speed, then beat 2 minutes at med speed.
- 4Mix in remaining flour by hand.
- 5Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- 6Stir the batter hard for 30 seconds.
- 7Spread into 2 8in greased loaf pans (batter will be sticky).
- 8Let rise until doubled, about 20 minutes.
- 9Bake at 325* for about 45 minutes, until golden brown and done.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Batter Bread
Serving Size: 1 (65 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 140.6
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 292.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 3.7 g