1/3 Photos of White Batter Bread
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 5 mins
This simple recipe will give you 2 beautiful, delicious loaves of bread. Try it warm with butter and jam, WOW!! Prep time is the rising.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve yeast in water, in a large bowl.
- 2Add half the flour, and the sugar, salt,and shortning.
- 3Blend at low speed, then beat 2 minutes at med speed.
- 4Mix in remaining flour by hand.
- 5Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- 6Stir the batter hard for 30 seconds.
- 7Spread into 2 8in greased loaf pans (batter will be sticky).
- 8Let rise until doubled, about 20 minutes.
- 9Bake at 325* for about 45 minutes, until golden brown and done.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Batter Bread
Serving Size: 1 (65 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 140.6
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 292.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 3.7 g