Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Some time ago I bought white balsamic vinegar. I use a lot of dark balsamic vinegar and thought it would be nice to see what I could make with the white. Somewhere I read that fruit goes well with this. Tried it and this is the result. Quite nice if I may say so myself.
- 1 (6 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 3 ounces pitted dates
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 orange, peeled and sliced
- 1 banana, peeled and sliced
- 3 teaspoons honey
- 3 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- Combine pineapple, dates, carrot, orange and in a large bowl.
- Combine honey,balsamic vinegar, lime juice and zest in a jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- Shake vigorously and pour over fruit.
- Chill until ready to serve.
I had this for lunch today & this was great. I only used 2 tsp honey and left out the zest. I served it with some vanilla yoghurt for a healthy & nutricious lunch. My 20 month old daughter enjoyed this too & even ate the carrots!!!!! Thankyou Chef Dodo, I will be making this again as I always have these ingredients on hand.