Recipe by Norelllaura1
A beautifully fruity balsamic vinegar with a gorgeous color. This makes an awesome vinaigrette. This also makes a wonderful gift for the holidays.
- 12 ounces white balsamic vinegar
- 1 pint fresh blackberries (frozen may be substituted just thaw slightly)
- 2 sprigs lemon thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat vinegar until steamy but not boiling.
- Remove from heat and add blackberries and lemon thyme and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Pour all into a sterile, wide-mouth jar and seal tightly. Place in a cool dark spot and shake gently twice a day for about 1 week.
- Strain and decant into a sterile cruet and use as a substitute for regular vinegar.