Recipe by Mia in Germany
My MIL surprised me with a bunch of white asparagus, and the sudden idea of serving them with toasted walnuts and cranberries flashed through my mind.
- 1 lb asparagus, white
- 1⁄3 cup walnut halves
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 4 tablespoons flax seed oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel asparagus and boil in water with 1 teaspoon each sugar and salt until soft, about 20 minutes.
- Roughly chop walnuts, carefully toast in a dry pan.
- Arrange drained asparagus on two platters, sprinkle with toasted walnuts and cranberries, drizzle with flax seed oil.