Recipe by Bev
This delicious recipe comes from Bon Appetit.
Top Review by dicentra
I made this last night to go with my leftovers dinner. I had a white and wild rice blend in the freezer (already cooked) so this came together in no time. What a great combination of flavors! I'll definitely be making this one again. Thanks for sharing. :)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 cup wild rice, rinsed
- 7 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups long-grain white rice
- 3⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 3⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs plum tomatoes, seeded, chopped (about 3 cups)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in heavy large pot over medium heat.
- Add onions, garlic, and oregano.
- Cover; cook until onions are soft, stirring often, abaout 8 minutes.
- Mix in wild rice.
- Add 7 cups of water, bring to a boil, stirring often.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cover; simmer 30 minutes.
- Mix in white rice.
- Cover and cook until rice is tender, about 18 minutes.
- Uncover and cook until water cooks away, about 4 minutes.
- Add green onions, basil and 1/4 cup butter.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix in tomatoes.