1/2 Photos of White and Wild Rice Pilaf
Kumquat the Cat's friend's Note:
Love the nut and cranberry combination in this dish as well as the two kinds of rices. Found it on a bottle of lemon juice from the grocery store, but that doesn't mean you can't use fresh lemon juice instead. Nice side for Thanksgiving. Cooking time includes a little prep time. If you only have fresh pecans, they can be toasted in a 400 degree oven for 10 minutes (while rice is cooking). Wild rice and rice pilafs are classic Canadian fare, so I have posted this for Zaar World Tour 2005 (Canadian).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Stir together wild rice, garlic, broth, water and lemon juice in saucepan.
- 2Bring to boil, cover, reduce heat to low and simmer 30 minutes.
- 3Add white rice and garlic, return to boil, cover and simmer an additional 20 minutes.
- 4Remove pan from heat and stir in pecans, cranberries and parsley.
- 5Cover and let stand 5 minutes until cranberries are plump and flavors are blended. Garnish with green onions.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White and Wild Rice Pilaf
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 232.3
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 5.3 g