Love the nut and cranberry combination in this dish as well as the two kinds of rices. Found it on a bottle of lemon juice from the grocery store, but that doesn't mean you can't use fresh lemon juice instead. Nice side for Thanksgiving. Cooking time includes a little prep time. If you only have fresh pecans, they can be toasted in a 400 degree oven for 10 minutes (while rice is cooking). Wild rice and rice pilafs are classic Canadian fare, so I have posted this for Zaar World Tour 2005 (Canadian).
- Stir together wild rice, garlic, broth, water and lemon juice in saucepan.
- Bring to boil, cover, reduce heat to low and simmer 30 minutes.
- Add white rice and garlic, return to boil, cover and simmer an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in pecans, cranberries and parsley.
- Cover and let stand 5 minutes until cranberries are plump and flavors are blended. Garnish with green onions.