Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
from Parenting Magazine.
Make and share this White and Green Pizza recipe from Food.com.
- 5 ounces fresh Baby Spinach (or frozen, defrosted)
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 mini prepared pizza crust (such as Boboli, 5 oz. each)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (reduced fat)
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Heat oven to 450 degrees. Meanwhile, put spinach in a microwave-safe casserole dish. Season to taste, and sprinkle with water. Cover with plastic wrap, and pierce to vent. Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Drain well.
- Mix ricotta and garlic powder in a small bowl. Place the pizza crusts on an ungreased baking sheet, and spread half the ricotta mixture on each one. Top each pizza with cooked spinach, mozzarella, and parmesan. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Cool slightly and cut each pizza in half to serve.
- How Kid Can Help: Sprinkle water on spinach; mix ricotta and garlic powder, put topping on pizza.
- Nutrition: 352 calories, 13 g. fat.
My son wouldn't eat it based on its looks. I thought it was a little bland, and if I make it again I will add some marinated artichoke hearts as a topping.
Delicious! Made these with Berks County Bread Machine Pizza Crust from my freezer instead of the prepared Boboli crusts. Other than adding a little salt, made no changes. A great recipe to keep in mind for that little bit of leftover ricotta in the fridge. Quick, easy, and fairly healthy with a nice dose of calcium. Will make these again! Thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for PAC Fall 2007.