1/1 Photo of White and Dark Chocolate Spiral Cheesecake
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 20 mins
This recipe is originally a Karin Goren masterpiece. Karin Goren is a local Israeli food personality, always smiling, always baking the most wonderful things. I watched her do this cheesecake on her show, Sweet Secrets, and was able to recreate this wonderful dish over the past weekend. Of course, not being able to leave well enough alone, I played around with her recipe, made a few changes, and here is my version
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 150 g cookie crumbs
- 100 g melted butter
Cheesecake Filling Base
White Chocolate Addition to Filling
Dark Chocolate Addition to Filling
- 300 g dark chocolate chips
- 78.07 ml cream (unwhipped)
- 1Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- 2To make the base:.
- 3Mix the cookie crumbs with the melted butter and pat into the bottom of a 26 cm diameter springform pan.
- 4Place in the oven to "set" for about 7 minutes.
- 5Remove and set aside to cool.
- 6To make the filling base:.
- 7Beat all the ingredients together until well blended.
- 8Pour half into a large, 4 cup measure cup, pour the other half into another 4 cup measuring cup. Alternatively, you can use jugs, pitchers, whatever is available, as long as it has a handle and a spout.
- 9Melt the white chocolate chips together with the cream and stir to blend.
- 10Add the cornflour and stir again.
- 11Add this mixture into one of the cheese filling jugs. Stir to blend.
- 12Melt the dark chocolate chips together with the cream and stir to blend.
- 13Add this mixture into the other of the cheese filling jugs. Stir to blend.
- 14Okay, here comes the fun part --
- 15Carefully pour a portion of the white chocolate filling into the middle of the crust.
- 16Now carefully (I mean CAREFULLY) pour a portion of the dark chocolate filling into the middle of the white filling.
- 17Now CAREFULLY pour some of the white chocolate filling into the dark chocolate filling.
- 18Now CAREFULLY pour some of the dark chocolate filling -- okay you get the picture?.
- 19Keep this up until you have a series of concentric circles. Again, I cannot mention it enough, do this carefully so you don't mess up the circles.
- 20Very carefully transfer this to the oven.
- 21Bake at 200 degrees C for 10 minutes.
- 22Turn the oven down to 120 degrees C and bake for a further 60 minutes.
- 23Turn the oven off and let the cheesecake hang out in the cooling oven for another 2 hours.
- 24Transfer to the refrigerator and let it hang out there for another 24 hours.
- 25When you cut slices you will have the most gorgeous white and dark "zebra-ed" portions.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White and Dark Chocolate Spiral Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (82 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 330.2
- Calories from Fat 194
- Total Fat 21.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 106.3 mg
- Sodium 84.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 30.8 g
- Protein 4.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: