Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
These are very rich and sinful brownies, with chunks of white and dark chocolate mixed in. The recipe came from an old newspaper clipping I had in my recipe box, and when I made them, they were a huge hit. To get the 40 brownies, cut them 5 rows by 8 rows.
- 12 ounces butter (3 sticks)
- 20 ounces white chocolate, chopped (12 oz to melt, PLUS 8 oz more to stir in later)
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- In a double boiler or metal bowl placed over a pan of simmering water, melt the butter with 12 oz white chocolate until smooth, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs, salt, and vanilla.
- Add sugar and flour, beat until smooth.
- Pour in the melted chocolate mixture, mix well, then fold in remaining 8 oz chopped white chocolate and chopped dark chocolate.
- Pour into a well greased 9"x13" pan.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes until golden and barely set in the center.
- Cool and cut.
Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful recipe Ciao. We enjoyed these delicious golden brownies very much. They are very rich and very sinful...I subbed with white chocolate chips. It worked great. I will certainly be making these again.Kudos