1/134 Photos of White Almond Sour Cream Wedding Cake
Donna M.'s Note:
I made my daughter's wedding cake using this recipe. It turned out fantastic. The texture is just perfect for a wedding cake -- not too fluffy so it breaks from the weight, but also not overly dense. The flavor, texture and moistness were just right. I made two batches of the batter for a three-tiered wedding cake using 14", 10" and 6" pans that were 3-inches deep. I had enough extra batter for a 9" layer (not a deep pan). This recipe was originally created by Rebecca Sutterby.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir together with a wire whisk.
- 2Add the remaining ingredients and beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- 3Pour into greased and floured cake pans, filling each pan a little over half full.
- 4Lightly tap cake pans on counter to bring air bubbles to top.
- 5Bake in preheated 325° F oven until cake tests done.
- 6Baking time varies according to the size and depth of pans being used.
- 7I used Wilton's Bake Even Strips on my cake pans to ensure a level-topped cake which required absolutely no trimming-- I highly recommend these, or good quality professional baking pans.
- 8In 2" deep pans, this recipe makes:.
- 9One 14" round and one 6" round.
- 10or One 16" round.
- 11or One 12" round and one 10" round.
- 12or One 12 X 18" sheet cake.
- 13or One 12" round and one 8" round and one 6" round.
- 14or Two 9" squares.
- 15or 5 dozen cupcakes.
- 16Half the recipe makes:.
- 17Two 7" rounds.
- 18or Two 6" rounds and 6 cupcakes.
- 19For chocolate cake: use chocolate mixes and substitute 6 whole eggs for the egg whites.
- 20For liqueur flavors: substitute alcohol (such as champagne or Kahlua) for about 1 cup of the water in the recipe.
- 21For berry flavors: use frozen berries, thaw reserving the juice. Substitute the berry juice for part of the water in the recipe, and stir the berries in at the end.
- 22For lemon cake: substitute lemon juice for about 1 cup of the water in the recipe, use 6 whole eggs instead of the whites, stir in 1 Tblsp lemon zest, and use 1 tsp of a good lemon extract in place of the almond.
- 23For white chocolate: melt 8oz white baking chocolate & cool slightly. use 6 whole eggs in the recipe instead of the whites, temper the chocolate by stirring in a small amount of the batter, then add the white chocolate to the entire batter and stir well. Doesn't bake up quite as high as the original, so add a pinch more batter to the pans.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Almond Sour Cream Wedding Cake
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 40
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 209.8
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 5.9 mg
- Sodium 278.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 24.5 g
- Protein 2.7 g