1/2 Photos of White Almond Cake - Versatile
The almond extract in this cake sets it apart from other basic white cakes; the texture is dense. If you prefer a less dense cake you can add 1/4-1/2 cup milk extra, and if you are not an almond person you can add less extract or even switch the extract to ie.lemon extract. It tastes wonderful as a layer cake with some fresh strawberries. The denseness of the cake makes it ideal for making cake shapes/designs - my friend served it up as a cute bunny. The cake can be baked in a single pan or as a double or triple layer cake - see instructions
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Measure sifted flour, baking powder, and salt; sift together three times.
- 2In a mixing bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Add 1/2 cup sugar gradually, and continue beating only until meringue will hold up in soft peaks.
- 3Cream butter. Gradually add remaining 1 cup sugar, and cream together until light and fluffy. Add sifted ingredients alternately with milk a small amount at a time, beating after each addition until smooth.
- 4Mix in flavorings. Add meringue, and beat thoroughly into batter.
- 5Preheat oven to 350 F.
- 6Spread batter into your chosen size form lined with parchment paper - see below.
- 715 x 10 x 1 inch pan bake for 30-35 min, or 2 x 9 inch round pans, bake at 30-35 min, or 3 x 8 inch round pans, bake at 25-30 minute.
- 8Cool cake, after 10 min remove cake from pan(s) and finish cooling on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Almond Cake - Versatile
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 200.2
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 20.0 mg
- Sodium 238.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 15.1 g
- Protein 2.7 g