Recipe by CoffeeB
These are very similar to the typical merinque type cookie but w/an added surprise. To make it truly a surprise (as suggested by 2Bleu) try using white-chocochips. :-) (After reading reviews, I have altered the ingredient list).
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
I have made cookies like these in the past so I knew these would be great this is the first time I have made them with white chocolate chips and will not be the last, this is a wonderful recipe and they were thoroughly enjoyed by all, thanks for sharing hon!
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 12 ounces chocolate chips or 12 ounces white chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small mixing bowl, beat egg whites, salt and cream of tartar until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add sugar.
- Beat until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold in morsels 1/2 cup at a time.
- Drop by level T. onto greased baking sheets.
- Sprinkle lightly with sugar if desired.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until merinques are dry and crisp.
- cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes.
- Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Store in airtight containers.