Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Putting this recipe here for safe keeping. Found through Whistle Stop Cafe Cookbook. Looks a little different than the other recipes posted and sounds great. The cookbook says the filling is great in sandwiches as well as stuffed in celery. Also says taste good in a BLT.
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons onions, grated
- 2 -3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 (4 ounce) jars diced pimentos, drained
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a food processor; pulse until blended and cheese is processed as fine as you want it.
- Add pimento; pulse just until blended.
- Store in covered container in the refrigerator.
The guys thought this was awesome! I've made pimento cheese for years, but never added onions and worcestershire sauce and cayenne. Kicked it up bit! I, also, don't make it with the pimentos in a jar. We much prefer using roasted red peppers. I also use a little juice from the peppers. Gives it a bigger pepper taste. Thnx for sharing a great recipe, Julie. Made for My-3-Chefs 2009.