2 hrs 50 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
CHEF GRPA's Note:
Slowly baking these baby back pork ribs before grilling is the secret. That, and the finely-tuned, sweet, basting sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (2 lb) baby back rib racks
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground red chili pepper
- 2 1/4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 teaspoons liquid smoke flavoring
- 2 teaspoons whiskey
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dark molasses
- 1/2 tablespoon ground red chili pepper
- 11. Preheat oven to 300*F.
- 22. Cut each full rack of ribs in half, so that you have 4 half racks. Sprinkle salt and pepper (more pepper than salt), and 1 tablespoon chile pepper over meat. Wrap each half rack in aluminum foil. Bake for 2 1/2 hours.
- 33. Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir the onions in oil for 5 minutes. Stir in water, tomato paste, vinegar, brown sugar, honey, and Worcestershire sauce. Season with 2 teaspoons salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, liquid smoke, whiskey, garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, dark molasses, and 1/2 tablespoon ground chile pepper. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat. Simmer for 1 1/4 hours, uncovered, or until sauce thickens. Remove from heat, and set sauce aside.
- 44. Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat.
- 55. Remove the ribs from the oven, and let stand 10 minutes. Remove the racks from the foil, and place on the grill. Grill the ribs for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Brush sauce on the ribs while they're grilling, just before you serve them (adding it too early will burn it).
- 6My Note: I used Jameson's Irish Whiskey. This sauce is awesome! We'll use it again and again. I followed those cooking instructions and used the dry rub from that recipe, as well. I used this sauce at the end where it calls for using your "favorite bbq sauce." Hands-down, this is our favorite sauce recipe. Can't wait to try it on my grilled whole chicken breasts! Update 2/4/05 I always double the recipe. One new tip: I use a mini food processor to mince the onions, but you still get small pieces in the sauce. It's great that way, but this time, after fully cooking the sauce, I let it cool and blended it in a regular blender. Awesome smooth texture, terrific flavor! Now we have two options.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whisky Grilled Baby Back Ribs
Serving Size: 1 (17380 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 38680.0
- Calories from Fat 25259
- Total Fat 2806.6 g
- Saturated Fat 992.0 g
- Cholesterol 11823.8 mg
- Sodium 16478.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 46.3 g
- Protein 3270.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
liquid smoke flavoring