1/3 Photos of Whiskied Jungle Oats
From: “The Africa Kitchen by Josie Stow and Jan Baldwin”. I changed this to use vanilla extract because otherwise you would have to make your own vanilla brown sugar. This also says in Africa they top the oatmeal with Amarula fruit cream liqueur instead of the whisky and vanilla brown sugar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Choice of topping 1
Choice of topping 2
- 3 -6 fluid ounces Amarula cream liqueur (2-4 shots )
- 1Bring milk to a boil.
- 2Whisk in rolled oats and cook for 3-5 minutes until thick. *If you prefer your oatmeal thinner, gradually add more hot milk until the desired consistency is achieved.
- 3Spoon into individual serving bowls, place a large dollop of cream in the center of each one.
- 4Topping 1: Sprinkle with the brown sugar. Mix vanilla with whiskey if using and drizzle over the top.
- 5Topping 2: Drizzle Amarula over the top.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whiskied Jungle Oats
Serving Size: 1 (393 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 560.9
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 42.9 mg
- Sodium 736.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 27.9 g
- Protein 15.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Amarula cream liqueur