Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is a Steak Lovers dream. The whiskey gives the steak a slightly sweet yet salted flavor. A must have for guests!
- 4 (1/2 lb) rib eye steaks or 4 (1/2 lb) filet steaks (tender)
- 3⁄4 medium white onions or 3⁄4 medium yellow onion (minced)
- 2 cloves fresh garlic (minced)
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup whiskey
- original spepper brand salt & pepper
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
- Steak Preparation: Note- Steaks should be started cooking after step 4 of sauce preparation.
- Cover both sides of steaks in Original Spepper salt& pepper.
- Melt ¼ stick of butter over medium heat in medium skillet.
- Place 2 steaks in skillet and sear for 2 minutes in butter.
- Turn over steaks and sear remaining side for 2 minutes.
- Repeat for other 2 steaks.
- Grill steaks to desired doneness on Grill or in Pan.
- Sauce Preparation: In a large skillet melt ¼ stick butter over medium to med-high heat.
- Once butter is melted, stir in minced onion.
- Continue to stir minced onion in butter until onion begins caramelizing.
- Onion should be light brown.
- (Approx 3 minutes).
- Add 1 can or 14.
- 5oz of beef broth.
- Bring just to boil.
- Continue to boil with occasional stirring until reduced by half.
- Add Garlic, 2 firm shakes of Original Spepper salt and pepper, 1 can or 14.
- 5 oz of beef broth and bring to second boil.
- Add whiskey, and reduce by half.
- In separate bowl combine ¼ to ½ tsp cornstarch with ¼ to ½ tsp water and mix.
- Remove sauce from heat and add cornstarch mixture.
- Allow 5 minutes to thicken.
- Add to heat, thicken to desired consistency.
- Once steaks are to desired doneness dribble ¼ of sauce on each steak.
This recipe is courtesy of http://www.originalspepper.com