Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
Whiskey Sour is an excellent aperitife, or may be good to raise any mood of a company.
- 4 tablespoons kentucky Bourbon
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon sugar, boiled and cooled with the same amount of water to a gravy
- 1 teaspoon egg white (optional)
- 1 red maraschino cherry, on a stick
- Mix bourbon, lemon, eggwhite and gravy.
- Shake very vigorously with the ice.
- Make sure you get a lot of froth.
- Pour into a glass.
- Garnish with the berry.
This is a great whiskey sour recipe! The only substitution I made was to use meringue powder (which I usually use for making icing) instead of the egg whites, and it worked perfectly. It's also a good substitute if you're concerned with using raw eggs. I definitely recommend not skipping the froth. I also made a small batch of simple syrup (gravy) by microwaving 1/4 cup sugar with 1/4 cup water in a custard cup. Any leftover syrup can be refrigerated for later use and is also great for sweetening iced tea. Thanks for posting!