- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup Irish whiskey
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄3 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 tablespoon Irish whiskey
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak rasins in irish whiskey overnight.
- Combine flour,sugar,baking powder,salt and orange rind in a large bowl,mix well.
- Stir in rasin mixture,blending well.
- Dissolve soda in buttermilk,add to flour mixture,stirring well.
- Stir in butter,mixing well.
- Spoon batter into a greased 2-quart casserole.
- Bake at 350 for 55 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut into squares and serve with whisky butter.
- WHISKY BUTTER: Combine butter and whisky blending well.