Recipe by JackieOhNo!
This is a delicious dip/spread that is great on a bagel. Or, if you are hosting a brunch, you can serve it on mini bagels garnished with some cucumber slices. Of course, if you don't like or drink whiskey, you can substitute milk in its place.
Top Review by Ambervim
I love the whiskey vapors in my mouth from this. It is VERY tasty and easy to make. I forgot the scallions, oh well. I added some plain yogurt which made it a great consistency for dipping.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons scotch whiskey or 2 1⁄2 tablespoons Irish whiskey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared white horseradish
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh dill, minced
- 8 ounces smoked salmon, roughly chopped
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, whiskey, lemon juice, horseradish, and dill.
- Beat until creamy and smooth.
- Stir in salmon and scallions.
- Transfer to a small serving bowl and cover.
- Chill in the refrigerator for a minimum of 1 hour or as much as 48 hours.
- Before serving, let stand at room temperature for a least 15 minutes to soften and become easily spreadable.