1/3 Photos of Whiskey Shrimp on Toast
Adapted from The Shanty restaurant in Wadsworth Il. Put here for safe keeping. Great served with fresh steamed vegetables.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 118.32 ml butter
- 29.58 ml garlic, chopped (about 6 cloves)
- 29.58 ml onions, minced
- 14.79 ml lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 473.19 ml heavy cream
- 4.92 ml chicken base (better than bullion paste)
- 4.92 ml yellow mustard
- 29.58 ml fresh tarragon, chopped
- 8 jumbo shrimp, peeled deveined and tails removed
- 59.16 ml butter
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 1.23 ml oregano
- 113.39 g whiskey (Jack Daniels)
- 4 slice French bread, skinny loaf sliced 3/4-inch thick
- 118.29 ml olive oil
- 1SAUCE: To a saucepan melt butter over medium heat. Add remaining ingredients and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. NOTE: Extra sauce (if any) can be kept in the refrigerator for about a week.
- 2SHRIMP: Sauté shrimp in butter and spices. Let brown until almost cooked through.
- 3Remove from heat, add whiskey to sauté pan and flambé‘. When the flame goes down, add about 1 cup of sauce and let melt together in the pan.
- 4BREAD: Drizzle (or brush) slices with olive oil and grill (or bake) both sides until lightly toasted.
- 5SERVE: Top each piece of toast with a piece of shrimp then pour sauce over top, dousing bread and shrimp.
- 6Garnish with sautéed vegetables (broccoli, carrots, red bell pepper, yellow squash).
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whiskey Shrimp on Toast
Serving Size: 1 (712 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2555.3
- Calories from Fat 1956
- Total Fat 217.3 g
- Saturated Fat 107.3 g
- Cholesterol 679.4 mg
- Sodium 1557.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 41.4 g