Prep 1 min
Cook 0 mins
redneck variation on the screwdriver
Make and share this Whiskey Screwdriver recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 ounces Bourbon or 1 1⁄2 ounces whiskey
- 8 ounces orange juice
- 1 cup ice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (optional)
- Fill 8 or 12 ounce glass with ice.
- Pour in jigger (1.5 ounces) of bourbon or TN whiskey and orange juice.
- Lemon juice is nice, but you can go for it straight up trashy. I love it!
This isn't redneck at all! It's actually quite sophisticated tasting.
I used Evan Williams, and I guesstimated the amounts for the ice and the lemon. The lemon is such a nice addition; it takes some of the sweetness out (my usual complaint about screwdrivers).
Thanks for posting!
Mmmmmm... Quite nice drink! I used fresh squeezed orange juice (I'm a classy redneck LOL) and did use the lemon juice. I like this a lot more than a vodka screwdriver. Thanks for the recipe!