Prep 1 min
Cook 3 mins
This is a wonderful sauce to use as a side to grilled salmon. Found on the internet posted by Magic Mike.
- 1⁄2 cup honey mustard dressing
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot horseradish
- 1⁄4 cup bourbon whiskey (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Mix first three ingredients together in sauce pan over low heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour over each piece of salmon and sprinkle parsley and serve.
DH said (and I would concur) that any recipe that is labeled Whisky Sauce would not have whisky as an optional ingredient. Even though I used a good whisky the flavour was "bearly there"in the cooked salmon dish, so DH requested that we find some way to intensify the flavour as the smigde of that was there was good. Please see my Rating System: 3 stars for us for a "work in progress" where the basis for some great flavours are present but not nearly prominent enough in the end result, but also a recipe where it's definiately worth working on for the whisky lover in our house, Thanks!