Recipe by mommyof 3
This is a sauce that you could use to pour over bread puddings, friut cake, or whatever else you can dream up. If you prefer a milder sauce then use half water and half whiskey.
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup of your favorite whiskey
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 large egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter over a low heat in a small saucepan.
- Stir in the sugar,whiskey, water, nutmeg, and salt until dissolved and it is well mixed.
- Remove from heat and vigorously whisk in the egg in the mixture until light and frothy.
- Turn the heat up to medium and bring to a boil while stirring gently.
- Cook until thickened, about a minute.
- Serve at once.