Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe give a different flavor to the old "pork chops and applesauce" version. It is easy and tasty.
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (6 ounce) bone-in center-cut pork chops
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup whiskey
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine the first 6 ingredients.
- Salt and pepper the pork chops.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Saute pork 5 minutes on each side.
- Add onion and mushrooms to the pan and saute for 3 minutes.
- Slowly add whiskey to pan, cook for a minute until almost evaporated.
- Stir sour cream mixture into pan.
- Return pork to pan and spoon sauce over pork.
- Wrap handle of pan with foil and cover.
- Bake@ 300 for 1 hour.
Excellent flavor and easy to make!
Oh my, this was yummy. I was out of mushrooms, so left them out, but we didn't miss them. The pork was fall-off-the-bone tender, and the sauce/gravy was so good. It was perfect over the potatoes I served with it. Everyone in the family raved about the meal. Thanks for posting Carebear.