Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
An easy & tasty recipe for pork chops. Cooks in one pan, so great for a weeknight meal.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried sage
- 4 -6 pork chops (can be boneless or bone in)
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup whiskey (I prefer bourbon)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the first 6 ingredients (sour cream through sage) together in a bowl.
- Season the pork chops with salt & pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in an oven-proof skillet. Saute chops on both sides until well browned, about 5 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Add another tablespoon of olive oil to the pan and saute the onions and mushrooms until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add whiskey to the pan and cook until the liquid is reduced by half, about a minute. Stir in the sour cream mixture.
- Return the chops to the pan and spoon sauce over them. Cover the pan and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.