Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This grilled steak recipe with red wine sauce was originally taken from the Chatelain magazine August 2002 issue.
- In a small saucepan, stir wine with whisky, garlic, chili flakes, Worcestershire, salt and pepper.
- Lightly brush both sides of steaks with mixture and set aside.
- Set saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Boil, uncovered, stirring occasionally until reduced to about 1/3 cup (75 ml), about 10 minutes.
- Turn heat to low to keep sauce warm.
- Meanwhile, lightly oil grill and preheat barbecue to medium-high.
- Place steaks on barbecue and grill with lid closed, turning once, until meat resists slightly when pressed.
- This will take about 5 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Drizzle with warm whisky sauce.
- Serve immediately.
- PORTION TIP: Many strip loin steaks are 12 oz (375 g) or larger.
- You may wish to grill one, then slice it in half for 2 servings or use the second half to make sandwiches.
I have to admit that I followed the ingredients to this recipe but changed how I used it. I made up one patch to use as a marinade for my sirloin steaks. I then made a second patch to brush on each steak during cooking. I didn't cut it into strips. The flavor was not overpowering and offered a nice combination of flavors to the steak.