Prep 2 hrs
Cook 5 mins
This recipe combines elements that I love of my normal marinade "recipe" and an uncle's Whiskey Steak recipe. The longer you marinate the meat, the better it will be- from a few hours to overnight. The flavor is a little sweet, tangy, salty, and garlicky. The nutrition info is not accurate, since it's including all the marinade ingredients in it, so don't be afraid. :-) Prep time includes time to marinate.
- Mix all ingredients except steak in a large ziptop bag.
- Add the steak, close bag, and refrigerate until ready to use- either for hours or overnight.
- Pull the steak out of the fridge about 30 minutes before you're ready to cook it. Let it reach room-temperature before grilling.
- Shake the meat to remove any excess marinade from it and place on the grill.
- Grill for a few minutes per side, until it reaches your desired level of "doneness." Let rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
Great recipe! I did find that the marinade ingredients were way to much. You can cut it in half and get the same results and save some money...I made as posted and the meat came out tender and flavorful. I did think it tasted like a lot like some of the other marinated flank steaks we have enjoyed in the past. But it was still awesome. Thanks for posting.:) Made for Spring PAC 2011.