Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Courtesy Ree Drummond, Pioneer Woman. This stuff is sooo good drizzled over pecan pie (or anything else, really)! Kid safe as the alcohol is cooked off, but it definitely still has an "adult" taste to it. Must be made a day in advance. Number of servings is a guess.
- Combine whipping cream, maple syrup, and corn syrup in saucepan and whisk well.
- Bring to a light simmer over medium to medium-low heat.
- Simmer 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beginning to thicken and reduce.
- Remove from heat and whisk in whiskey.
- Return to heat and return to a simmer, stirring, 3-5 minutes to cook off the alcohol.
- Pour into container and refrigerate until cold.
- This will thicken significantly in the fridge but still be pourable.
- Drizzle, cold, over warm pecan pie (or just eat with a spoon)!