Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A cute,flour-free cake made in pint jars. Perfect for sharing!
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup whiskey
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- nonstick cooking spray
- 4 tablespoons shortening
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons whiskey or 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt chocolate and butter in double boiler or microwave. Stir well and let cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, add sugars and whiskey.Add remaining ingredients and melted chocolate; mix well.
- Spray pint jars with the non-stick spray; fill the jars half full.
- Place jars onto a baking sheet. Bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Cream shortening and butter.
- Add sugar; mix on low speed until combined.
- Set mixer to high and add whiskey a little at a time.
- Beat until light and fluffy.
- Frost cakes when cooled.