Recipe by DNRBlueliner
A sweet and spicy sauce for pulled pork or other BBQ. (I made this as a hot condiment to add to "Mean Chef's Pulled pork in molasses Bar-B-Que Sauce). My "Oldtimers" Hockey Team loved it!
- 1⁄4 cup whiskey
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 3 tablespoons chili peppers in oil
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (or other dried fruit) or 1⁄2 cup chopped dates (or other dried fruit)
- 1 tablespoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Sample the whiskey a few times to ensure it's good. Introduce ingredients to a small sauce pan.
- Reduce by simmering over low heat stirring frequently until it gets the syrupy consistency you want. Taste as you go and add cayenne and chili-in-oil to the level of heat you want.