Chef Big Jerm's Note:
Great for holiday meals... or any time. It has whiskey in it! I got this from a friend, but added a few things. I like to use Jack Daniels, but I'm sure it would be great with other whiskeys as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt 1 tablespoon butter in large pan over high heat.
- 2Add carrots in a few batches, cooking each batch for about a minute and a half. Don't overwhelm the pan. Remove from pan.
- 3Pour whiskey and allow to evaporate for 30 seconds. Reduce heat to medium and add remaining butter.
- 4When butter melts, add brown sugar and stir together.
- 5Add carrots to pan, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- 6Remove lid, add salt and pepper.
- 7Continue cooking until glaze is thick and carrots are at desired tenderness (about 5 minutes).
- 8Place carrots on a serving platter and drizzle remaining glaze over the top.
- 9Serve hot with green onion slices on top.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whiskey Glazed Carrots
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 365.3
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 40.6 mg
- Sodium 419.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 35.7 g
- Protein 2.0 g