Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Great for holiday meals... or any time. It has whiskey in it! I got this from a friend, but added a few things. I like to use Jack Daniels, but I'm sure it would be great with other whiskeys as well.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in large pan over high heat.
- Add carrots in a few batches, cooking each batch for about a minute and a half. Don't overwhelm the pan. Remove from pan.
- Pour whiskey and allow to evaporate for 30 seconds. Reduce heat to medium and add remaining butter.
- When butter melts, add brown sugar and stir together.
- Add carrots to pan, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove lid, add salt and pepper.
- Continue cooking until glaze is thick and carrots are at desired tenderness (about 5 minutes).
- Place carrots on a serving platter and drizzle remaining glaze over the top.
- Serve hot with green onion slices on top.