Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this recipe from a Friend. It is so good. I hope that you enjoy it and please let me know what you think.
- 2⁄3 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rubbed sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (6 ounce) bone-in center-cut pork chops, trimmed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (8 ounce) packagepresliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup whiskey
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle pork with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add pork; saute 5 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Remove pork from pan.
- Add onion and mushrooms to pan; saute for 3 minutes.
- Carefully add whiskey to pan; cook for 1 minute or until liquid almost evaporates.
- Stir sour cream mixture into pan.
- Return pork to pan; spoon sauce over pork.
- Wrap handle of skillet with foil.
- Cover and bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour.
- Serve immediately.
- makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 pork chop and about 1/3 cup sauce).