Recipe by Kim1
I got this recipe from a Friend. It is so good. I hope that you enjoy it and please let me know what you think.
Top Review by Erindipity
Very good recipe. I changed it up some to make into an OAMC kit dish and it still worked very well. First, I used 2 one inch thick boneless pork chops. I seasoned these with salt and pepper and then placed in a zip top bag. I mixed the sour cream (used light), water, flour, salt, pepper and sage in a small zip lock bag. I completed steps six and seven using a small amount of olive oil. I only had 1/4 c of whiskey though. I let cool and placed in a small zip top bag. I placed all three zip top bags into a larger zip top bag, labeled with directions for cooking and froze. To cook, I thawed in the fridge. I placed the pork in the baking dish (I was running late and didn't have time to brown them, althrough in the future I would recommend these step as they were a little anemic looking). I covered with the mushrooms and then the sauce. I baked for about 40 minutes. I served with mashed potatoes, a salad and rolls. These are very tasty, I think when I make next time, I will first remember to brown the chops. Second, I will keep the whiskey at 1/4 cup, that was perfect for our family.
- 2⁄3 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rubbed sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (6 ounce) bone-in center-cut pork chops, trimmed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (8 ounce) packagepresliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup whiskey
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle pork with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add pork; saute 5 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Remove pork from pan.
- Add onion and mushrooms to pan; saute for 3 minutes.
- Carefully add whiskey to pan; cook for 1 minute or until liquid almost evaporates.
- Stir sour cream mixture into pan.
- Return pork to pan; spoon sauce over pork.
- Wrap handle of skillet with foil.
- Cover and bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour.
- Serve immediately.
- makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 pork chop and about 1/3 cup sauce).