Recipe by Latchy
Simple tasty mousse, done with the aid of the microwave.
Top Review by Jen T
Wow Laychy this opens up all sorts of possibilities. We had it just as written but can see other uses, eg....topping for pavlova or mini pavs, filling for cream puff cases or meringues. Would go well with some fresh berries or a crisp thin biscuit/cookie. Also I am going to try with other flavours such as Frangelico or Amarula in place of the Baileys. Thanks so much for posting this 'keeper' :)
- 1 teaspoon gelatin
- 2 teaspoons dry instant coffee powder
- 2 tablespoons water
- 300 ml thickened cream
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- 1⁄4 cup Baileys Irish Cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine gelatin, coffee and water in a small bowl, cook on HIGH for about 20 seconds or until gelatin is dissolved, cool, DO NOT allow to set.
- Whip cream and sifted icing sugar until soft peaks form, fold in gelatin mixture and Baileys; pour into 4 dishes (1/3 cup capacity) refrigerate, then enjoy.