Recipe by stormylee
Haven't tried this one yet, but seeing as I love both crème brûlée and whiskey, I'll have to soon! Recipe from Glorian ruoka&viini magazine.
Top Review by loof
Delicious elegant dessert that's really pretty easy to make! I made half the recipe in 2 ramekins and it did take the full 1 1/2 hours to cook. Nice rich taste, not too sweet, and the whiskey was there but the flavor was not overpowering. Loved this - thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for the Best of 2011 event, recommended by Mikekey
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 200 ml milk
- 200 ml whipping cream
- 50 ml whiskey
- brown sugar or muscovado sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 120°C
- Whip yolks and sugar until light. Stir in milk, cream and whiskey.
- Pour into 4 buttered ramekins. Bake in the preheated oven until set, about 1,5 hours (start checking early, the time depends on the depth of the ramekins).
- Take out of the oven and allow to cool completely; then place in the frige for a few hours.
- Just before serving, sprinkle brown or muscovado sugar on top of each cold crème brûlée. Caramelize the sugar by using a torch or putting under a broiler. Work quickly - sugar should caramelize but the crème brûlée should still be cold!